A Better Home
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : A Better Home
- Artist: Lester Beall Designer Rural Electrification Administration, US Department of Agric Publisher
- Accession: TD1991.174.5
- Country: United States Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1941
- Dimensions: Inches 41-1/2 31 Dimensions, mounted Inches 40 29-7/8 Dimensions, sheet, Centimeters 105.4 78.7 Dimensions, mounted Centimeters 101.6 75.9 Dimensions, sheet
- Collection: Object
- Category: Posters and Printed Ephemera
- Collection Theme: WPA and the New Deal
- Subject: Domestic , Technology , Figurative , Electricity , New Deal , Great Depression
- Credit Line: The Wolfsonian–Florida International University, Miami Beach, Florida, The Mitchell Wolfson, Jr. Collection
- URL: TD1991.174.5_001_06152011-jpg634516956288139759.jpg
- Tags: WPA and the New Deal~Industrial Design~Posters and Printed Ephemera
Description: Ink on paper offset color lithograph and screen print mounted on linen with a photomontage set against blue background with red polka dots in upper half; depicts an image of a female figure removing biscuits from the oven.