The Fighting Filipinos
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : The Fighting Filipinos
- Artist: Manuel Rey Isip Designer Office of Special Services, Commonwealth of the Philippines Publisher
- Accession: 1993.1.95
- Country: United States Washington, D.C.
- Date: circa 1943
- Dimensions: Inches 27-1/8 41, Centimeters 69.9 104.1
- Collection: Object
- Category: Posters and Printed Ephemera
- Collection Theme: War and Political Propaganda
- Subject: War/Military , Propaganda , Nationalism , Figurative , World War II 1940-1945
- Credit Line: The Wolfsonian–Florida International University, Miami Beach, Florida, Gift of The Ringling School of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- URL: 1993.1.95.JPG
- Tags: War and Political Propaganda~Posters and Printed Ephemera
Description: Ink on paper poster depicting Philippine nationalism; image depicts a wounded soldier wearing a bandage around his head preparing to throw a grenade in his right hand as he holds a tattered upside down flag in his left hand; inscriptions at bottom center section.