Maquette for the Social Science Hall at A Century of Progress Exposition, Chicago: S.O.S.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : Maquette for the Social Science Hall at A Century of Progress Exposition, Chicago: S.O.S.
- Artist: Alfonso Iannelli Designer
- Accession: 83.6.3
- Country: United States Chicago Illinois
- Date: 1933
- Dimensions: Inches 25-5/8 15-9/16 3-1/4, Centimeters 65.1 39.5 8.3
- Collection: Object
- Category: Paintings and Sculpture
- Collection Theme: World's Fairs and Expositions
- Subject: World's Fairs and Expositions , Communication , Exhibition/Events , Figurative
- Credit Line: The Wolfsonian–Florida International University, Miami Beach, Florida, The Mitchell Wolfson, Jr. Collection
- URL: 83.6.3.JPG
- Tags: World's Fairs and Expositions~Paintings and Sculpture
Description: Cast plaster bas relief maquette; image depicts a blue painted stylized male figure in distress, sound waves and the telegraphic code symbols in suggestive pattern movements culminating at the top with the antennae sending out their message.