Mural study for Polytechnical High School, Long Beach, CA.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : Mural study for Polytechnical High School, Long Beach, CA.
- Artist: Jean Donald Swiggett Artist Federal Art Project of the Works Progress Administration Other relation
- Accession: 126.96.36.199
- Country: United States
- Date: 1937 1939
- Dimensions: Inches 24 30, Centimeters 61.0 76.2
- Collection: Object
- Category: Paintings and Sculpture
- Collection Theme: WPA and the New Deal
- Subject: WPA/Federal Arts Project , New Deal , Public Works , Laborers/Workers , Ports/Harbors , Figurative
- Credit Line: The Wolfsonian–Florida International University, Miami Beach, Florida, The Mitchell Wolfson, Jr. Collection
- URL: 188.8.131.52.JPG
- Tags: WPA and the New Deal~Paintings and Sculpture
Description: Oil on Masonite mural study depicting a young man/laborer holding a pipe standing on a dock in the foreground with a freighter ship located in the harbor with various industrial buildings in the background.