Souvenir bell from the Pan American Exposition, "Remember the Maine"
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : Souvenir bell from the Pan American Exposition, "Remember the Maine"
- Artist: Unknown, Designer
- Accession: 85.9.44
- Country: United States Buffalo New York
- Date: 1901
- Dimensions: Inches 3-1/2 2-7/8 diameter, Centimeters 8.9 7.3 diameter
- Collection: Object
- Collection Theme: World's Fairs and Expositions
- Subject: World's Fairs and Expositions , Spanish-American War 1898 , Metal/Metal Design , War/Military
- Credit Line: The Wolfsonian–Florida International University, Miami Beach, Florida, The Mitchell Wolfson, Jr. Collection
- URL: 85.9.44.JPG
- Tags: War and Political Propaganda~World's Fairs and Expositions
Description: Brass souvenir bell with a flat incised disc handle; the brass of this bell was recovered from the wreck of the "Maine" destroyed in the Havana, Cuba harbor in 1898.