Za naši svobodu! Ku predu Ceskoslovenskou Armádou! | For our freedom! Enroll in the Czechoslovak Army!
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : Za naši svobodu! Ku predu Ceskoslovenskou Armádou! | For our freedom! Enroll in the Czechoslovak Army!
- Artist: Czechoslovak Recruiting Office (sponsor.) | Wentworth Institute (designer.) | Czechoslovak Recruiting Office (publisher)
- Accession: XB1992.444
- Collection: Library
- Category: Posters and Printed Ephemera
- Collection Theme: War and Political Propaganda
- Subject: War in art | Flags, Czech | Flags, Czech , 1910-1920 | Armies | Armies , Czechoslovakia , Pictorial works | Armies in art | Exile armies | Exile armies , Czechoslovakia , Pictorial works | Soldiers | Soldiers , Czechoslovakia , Pictorial works | Soldiers, Czech | Soldiers, Czech , 1910-1920 | Trench warfare | Trench warfare , 1910-1920 | Infantry | Infantry , 1900-1910 | Barbed wire | Barbed wire , 1910-1920 | Advertising postcards | Advertising postcards , Czechoslovakia | Armáda
- URL: http://libimages.wolfsonian.org/XB1992.444_000.jpg
- Tags: ~War and Political Propaganda~Posters and Printed Ephemera
Description: Title from recto. | 1 postcard, untravelled, sponsored by the Czechoslovak Recruiting Office and designed by the Wentworth Institute, featuring three soldiers surging from barbed-wire enclosed trenches, with the Resistance flag flying on a bayonet, in blue, black yellow, red, and white inks. | "Per la nostra liberazione! Avanti con le schiere czecoslovanche." [For our liberation! Forward with the Czechoslovak recruitment.]--recto. | "Postcard issued by Czechoslovak Recruiting Office, Tribune Bldg. New York; designed and printed at Wentworth Institute, Boston, Mass. U.S.A."--verso. | Postcard features the Resistance flag (five horizontal stripes - red, white, blue, white, red, the blue being of double width). This flag was designed by V. Preissig for Milan Stefanik, a Slovak Nationalist member of the National Council which the Allies had recognised as the Czechoslovak government in exile. The flag was identified with the National Council but was not adopted as the national flag when the National Committee declared the independence of Czechoslovakia on 28 October 1918 in Prague. | No. 2 printed in blue ink on recto. | Czech; Italian; English.