CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : Just a baby's prayer at twilight: (for her daddy over there) | I've heard the prayers of mothers | Just a baby's prayer at twilight
- Artist: Jerome, M. K. , 1893- | Lewis, Sam M. , 1885-1959 (lyricist.) | Young, Joe , 1889-1939 (lyricist.) | Barbelle, Albert W. , 1888-1957 (cover illustrator.) | Marshall, Charles L., Jr. (donor.) | Waterson, Berlin & Snyder Co. (publisher)
- Accession: XC2005.03.3.10
- Collection: Library
- Subject: Prayer | Prayer , 1910-1920 | Girls | Girls , 1910-1920 | World War, 1914-1918 , Music and the war | World War, 1914-1918 , Songs and music | Music and war | Food conservation | Food conservation , United States | Popular music | Popular music , 1911-1920 | Songs with piano | Prayers , Songs and music | M 1646 .J33 1918
- URL: http://libimages.wolfsonian.org/XC2005.03.3.10_001.jpg
Description: words by Sam M. Lewis & Joe Young ; music by M.K. Jerome. | Title from cover. | "Do your bit, help win the war. America's problem: ships and food--to send the most food possible in least shipping space. Solution: Eat more fish, cheese, eggs, poultry and save beef, pork, & mutton for our fighters."--inside center page spread (XC2005.03.3.10). | For voice and piano. | Cover illustration: Drawing of a girl saying a prayer / Barbelle. | Excerpt from "Whose little heart are you breaking now?" by Irving Berlin on p. . | Gift made by Charles L. Marshall, Jr., in memory of Anna Olson, pianist; | English.