CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : Firestone builds today, the tire of tomorrow: production line, Firestone factory and exhibition building, New York World's Fair
- Artist: The Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. (publisher)
- Accession: XC1991.170.334
- Collection: Library
- Subject: Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. | New York World's Fair (1939-1940). | Exhibitions | Exhibitions , United States , New York (State) , New York , Pictorial works | Exhibitions | Exhibitions , United States , New York (State) , New York , 1930-1940 | Pavilions | Pavilions , United States , New York (State) , New York , 1930-1940 | Assembly-line methods | Assembly-line methods , 1930-1940 | Hats | Hats , 1930-1940 | Spectators | Spectators , United States , New York (State) , New York , 1930-1940
- URL: http://libimages.wolfsonian.org/XC1991.170.334.000.jpg
Description: Title from recto. | "World's Most Modern Tire-Production Line. Here, the world's most modern tire is built with the world's most modern and most efficient tire machinery. Each step in the manufacturing process unfolds before your eyes--from the mixing of the raw rubber and chemicals and the Gum-Dipping of the Safety-Lock cords to application of the Gear Grip tread and the wrapping of the finished tire. You actually see how greater Strength and Safety is LOCKED into Firestone Champion Tires."--verso. | "M113-4-39"--verso. | 1 postcard, untraveled, with a color illustration of a crowd of spectators watching a Firestone tire production line at the New York World's Fair, 1939-1940. | English. | Wolfsonian Library display: Streamlined: From Airplanes to Architecture, April 15, 2009-July 15, 2009, (XC1991.170.334), postcard, Firestone assembly line.