CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : Plate: K.P.M.
- Artist: Petrus Regout & Co./De Sphinx Manufacturer
- Accession: TD1991.191.1
- Country: Netherlands Maastricht
- Date: circa 1910 1930
- Dimensions: Inches 9-5/8 diameter, Centimeters 24.4 diameter
- Collection: Object
- Category: Decorative Arts and Furniture
- Collection Theme: Travel, Transportation, and Tourism
- Subject: Ocean Travel , Colonialism , Ceramics/Ceramic Design , Travel , Transportation
- Credit Line: The Wolfsonian–Florida International University, Miami Beach, Florida, The Mitchell Wolfson, Jr. Collection
- URL: TD1991.191.1.JPG
- Tags: Colonialism~Travel, Transportation, and Tourism~Decorative Arts and Furniture
Description: Overall white gloss glazed porcelain plate with narrow dark blue band at rim and round blue logo at top center with crown and K.P.M inside circle; this plate was utilized on one of the K.P.M. (Koninklijke Paketvaart Maatschappij; Royal Dutch Cargo Corp.) lines to the Dutch East Indies.