CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : Littorina (self propelled motorized Italian railcar, serial # 56.1903)
- Artist: Fiat Manufacturer
- Accession: 1990.3.1
- Country: Italy
- Date: 1937
- Dimensions: Inches 130 95 757, Centimeters 330.2 241.3 1922.8
- Collection: Object
- Category: Industrial Design
- Collection Theme: Travel, Transportation, and Tourism
- Subject: Railroads , Travel , Transportation
- Credit Line: The Wolfsonian–Florida International University, Miami Beach, Florida, Gift of Mitchell Wolfson, Jr.
- URL: 1990.3.1.JPG
- Tags: Travel, Transportation, and Tourism~Industrial Design
Description: Self-propelled railcar powered by two Fiat 355 diesel engines with traveling speed of 70km per hour (according to von Wedel memo of July 6,1990), seating 56 passengers. The name La Littorina stems from the regime in power at the time this car was produced, the "Fascio Littorio". From Miami Herald article of 7/19/90 "La Littorina boasts a sleek two-toned finish in chocolate and coffee colored paint. The seats are of forest green velvet and the woodwork a rich honeyed oak."