CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : The Peanut vendor (El manisero) fox-trot
- Artist: Manning, Frederick (cover designer.) | Simons, Moises (composer.) | Gilbert, L. Wolfe (lyricist.) | Rittenberg, Louis (translator.) | Sunshine, Marion (lyricist.) | Levi, Vicki Gold (donor.) | Edward B. Marks Music Co. (publisher)
- Accession: XC2002.11.4.141
- Collection: Library
- Subject: Wayne King and his Orchestra. | Flags , In art | Flags , In art , Cuba | Street vendors | Street vendors , Cuba , 20th century | Popular music | Popular music , Cuba , 1929-1930 | Songs and music
- URL: http://libimages.wolfsonian.org/XC2002.11.4.141_000.jpg
Description: lyric by Marion Sunshine & L. Wolfe Gilbert ; music by Moises Simons ; arr. by Lawrence Kempton. | "'The peanut vendor' leads all Cuban songs"--at head of title on cover. | "The sensational song hit of Don Azpiazu's Havana Casino Orchestra"--cover. | A musical portrait of a street merchant and his steaming hot peanuts. A new Cuban melody--as unique and sensational in the world of dance rhythm as Ravel's 'Bolero' is in the concert field."--cover. | "Composed by Moises Simons; revised edition by G. Paoli; novelty lyric by L. Wolfe Gilbert; containing original Spanish & English text; English text by Louis Rittenberg and special stage version by Marion Sunshine"--cover. | Title from p. 2. | English ; Spanish.