CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : The NRA: "National Retrogression Act" : a "New Deal" for the workers, or the same old ordeal of exploitation and poverty?
- Artist: Socialist Labor Party | New York Labor News Company (publisher)
- Accession: TD1990.201.2
- Collection: Library
- Category: Posters and Printed Ephemera
- Collection Theme: WPA and the New Deal
- Subject: United States. National Industrial Recovery Act of 1933. | United States. National Recovery Administration. | Socialism | Socialism , United States | Working class | Working class , United States | New Deal, 1933-1939 | Eagles | Eagles , 1930-1940 | Caricatures and cartoons | Caricatures and cartoons , United States | Labor laws and legislation | Labor laws and legislation , United States | Depressions | Depressions , 1929 , United States | Gearing | Gearing , 1930-1940 | Capitalists & financiers | Capitalists & financiers , United States , 1930-1940 | Economic conditions | HC 106.3 .A52 N33
- URL: http://libimages.wolfsonian.org/TD1990.201.2.000.jpg
- Tags: ~War and Political Propaganda~WPA and the New Deal~Posters and Printed Ephemera
Description: Softcover edition, staple-bound, title statement and cartoon illustration of an eagle in a fat cat top hat clutching industry in one foot and the workers in the other printed on front cover in red ink. | "A series of articles viewing the so-called National Recovery Act, and the present almost total collapse, from various angles, demonstrating the futility of the efforts now being made by the Roosevelt Administration to reconstitute capitalism. The Socialist Labor Party solution--Industrial Self-Government by the Working Class--is clearly and repeatedly emphasized. As it is impossible to restore life to a corpse--though an electric current may induce spasms resembling life even in a corpse--so it is utterly impossible to restore life to the corpse of capitalism. Away with the putrid thing!"--inside front cover. | English.