• Come by and check out The Wolfsonian’s book club, held the first Friday of each month—it’s free for first-time visitors (after that it’s still free, but museum membership is required). The next meeting is April 5 at 7pm. The book? Philip Roth’s The Plot Against America, which imagines Charles Lindbergh defeating FDR in the 1940 election.
• The next Comic Kraze workshop takes place March 23 and March 30, for the teens in your life who want to learn cartooning and graphic novels. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org  or call 305.535.2684.
• Lucky listeners can enjoy two musical performances by FIU groups in early April. FLEA (FIU Laptop & Electronic Arts) Ensemble performs on April 5 at 7pm; on April 12 at 7pm FIU’s Jazz Combo 1 plays original compositions and jazz standards.
• Also on Friday nights: our Very Happy Happy Hour at the Pan Pan Café, featuring two-for-one selected drinks from 6 to 8pm; $5, $6, and $7 tapas and pintxos all evening; and delicious dinner options.
• Looking ahead, two exhibitions are opening in the spring. Modern Meals: Remaking American Foods from Farm to Kitchen and Women in Motion: Fitness, Sport, and the Female Figure both open May 10 and remain on view through August 18.
Back to main.