Graphic Design Internship Announcement 2013
As a design intern at the Wolfsonian–FIU, you will be working closely with the Art Director to assist in the design of the museum’s print and digital collateral materials, ranging from exhibition graphics and publications to posters, brochures and invitations.
The intern will assist the Art Director from conceptualization to the production of various institutional projects.
• Approximately 20-30 hours per week
• Times and days may vary, but typical hours are Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm.
• Assist in the research, development, and design of the museum’s collateral materials
• Production for printed and digital projects
• Work cooperatively with the various institutional departments and clients
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
• Degree, working toward a degree, and/or comparable experience in Graphic Design
• If currently pursuing a degree applicant must be in their 3rd/4th year of studies
• Macintosh proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator software is required
• Knowledge of motion graphic applications and digital video production beneficial but not required.
• Interest in current design, design history, contemporary art and cultural issues desired.
• Successful applicants must have good communication and organizational skills and be able to meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following application materials by PDF attachments only:
(1) a letter of interest and a
(2) PDF portfolio containing 8-10 examples of graphic design work. Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Graphic Design Internship Applicant”
Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.
1001 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139
T 305.531.1001 F 305.531.2133