CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : Night illumination showing Hall of Progress, Great Lakes Exposition, Cleveland, Ohio
- Artist: Luca, Francis Xavier (donor, XC2010.02.12.) | Palacio-de Luca, Clara Helena (joint donor, XC2010.02.12.) | Sapirstein Greeting Card Company (publisher)
- Accession: XC2006.04.30.22
- Collection: Library
- Subject: On postage stampsFranklin, Benjamin , 1706-1790 | Great Lakes Exposition (1936 : Cleveland, Ohio) | Exhibitions | Exhibitions , United States , Ohio , Cleveland , 20th century | Exhibitions | Exhibitions , United States , Ohio , Cleveland , 1930-1940 | Exhibition buildings | Exhibition buildings , United States , Ohio , Cleveland , 1930-1940 | Lighting, Architectural and decorative | Lighting, Architectural and decorative , United States , Ohio , Cleveland , 20th century | Fireworks | Fireworks , 1930-1940
- URL: http://libimages.wolfsonian.org/XC2010.02.12.000.jpg
Description: "GL15"--recto. | "6A-H1382"--recto. | "C.T. Art-Colortone" Reg. U.S. Pat. Off., made only by Curt Teich & Co., Inc., Chicago"--verso. | "50,000 Great Lakes Exposition visitors can't be wrong. They deserted the streets in the exhibit sector of the Exposition at Cleveland to flock to the lake front in the amusement area to witness one of the greatest displays of fire works ever seen. The fire works were set off on floats in the lake and fascinated the huge crowd for an hour. This photo shows the Hall of Progress in the center of the spacious grounds with a burst of sky rockets blooming like flowers against the curtain of night."--verso. | "Copyrighted by Sapirstein Greeting Card Company, Cleveland, Ohio, official exposition post card distributors."--verso. | 2 postcards, (1 traveled, 1 untraveled), with a color illustration of the deserted exhibition streets as fireworks light up the sky above the Progress Building and to the left of the Firestone Building.