CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : The fight for peace and democracy
- Artist: Capa, Robert (photographer.) | Wolfson, Mitchell, Jr. (donor.) | American League against War and Fascism | American League for Peace and Democracy | National Executive Committee of the American League against War and Fascism (publisher)
- Accession: XC2002.11.8.117
- Collection: Library
- Subject: ExhibitionsGropper, William , 1897-1977 | North American Committee to Aid Spainsh Democracy. | Medical Bureau. | Abraham Lincoln Brigade. | Popular fronts , History , Sources | Popular fronts , United States , History , -20th century , Sources | World politics | World politics , 1933-1945 , Periodicals | History , Civil War, 1936-1939 , Children | History , Civil War, 1936-1939 , Civilian relief | HX 1 .F5
- URL: http://libimages.wolfsonian.org/XC2002.11.8.117.000.jpg
Description: Franco's sixth column / by George Seldes. -- Tell them the truth! by James Waterman Wise ; illustrated by Maxine Seelbinder. -- Fact and fiction / by Marion Greenspan ; illustrated by Charles Bateman. -- Spain in pictures. -- Out of feudalism / by Ernestine Gonzales. -- Shadow on the Americas / by Carleton Beals. -- Life in the balance / by Rev. Herman F. Reissig. -- For adoption / by Art Young. -- Three from the brigade / by Léon Savin ; illustrated with loyalist posters. -- Where do Catholics stand? / by Thomas Dunn. -- With the Lincoln Volunteers / by David McKelvy White. -- Cultural heritage / by Rolfe Humphries. -- Old Spain / by Ilya Ehrenbourg. -- I cover the Franco front / by Anonymous. -- The union hold the fort / by Roberto Rendueles. | Title from cover. | Library holds: single unbound issue: Vol. 5, no. 6 (April 1938) | English. | Issued by the American League against War and Fascism, Jan. 1938; by the American League for Peace and Democracy, Feb. 1938-May 1939.