The Geo. B. Post & Sons Collection
This collection comprises the working reference library of the George B. Post architectural firm, founded in 1860 by one of the pioneering members of the American Institute of Architects. The firm's landmark achievements include New York City’s Equitable Building (the first office building to employ an elevator); the Mills Building (the city’s first electricity generating plant); and the Manufacturers and Liberal Arts Building constructed for the World's Columbian Exhibition in Chicago, 1893 (pictured on the postcard above). The collection includes numerous oversized and lavishly illustrated volumes of the most celebrated architects and architectural works of western civilization. Together, these volumes serve as an excellent example of the working library of an architectural firm in the early twentieth century.
Geo. B. Post Materials in the Wolfsonian Digital Images Catalog